A Program of People – Committed to the Leadership of the Present and Future Community through Involvement, Understanding and Enthusiasm.
- Identify and select qualified leaders to participate in the program.
- Provide the participants with an understanding of the opportunities and needs of the community through a series of issues oriented programs using local leaders as
well as regional and national authorities from academic, business, and industrial communities.
- Educate the participants in management/leadership skills & the application of those skills to volunteer in community leadership positions.
- Develop interpersonal relationships among the participants to provide a common ground for working together on community projects.
- Create lines of direct communication between participants and existing community leaders.
- Identify organizational and individual opportunities for community involvement.
Selection Process & Who Can Participate:
- The program is open to all area citizens
- First 20 to apply and pay tuition in full
How To Apply:
- Click on the link below for an application or contact the Chamber
- $350 for Chamber Members and $400 for non Chamber members
- Due to the costs involved with program participation, once an applicant has been accepted into the program and confirms their commitment to participate, tuition becomes
non-refundable. Withdrawal from the program due to extreme circumstances (hospitalization, military duty, death, or other extreme situations) can be appealed to the Weirton Area Chamber for a case-by-case review.
- Advisors are available to offer guidance and answer questions. It is the responsibility of the participants to plan their assigned session and make the necessary arrangements. Any problems in this area should be brought to the attention of the Leadership Ohio Valley Coordinators or Chamber Office immediately.
- Sessions are to be scheduled on the day of the month selected by the participants. The length of the sessions are determined by each sub-committee.
- The History and Culture sub-committee participants are responsible for updating the Leadership Ohio Valley Scrapbook. Please take at least two (2) candid and close-up pictures of each participant at each session. The scrapbook must be finished by graduation. In addition, please provide the Chamber with at least two digital (candid & close-up) pictures of each participant no later than the conclusion of the May session.
- To ensure that SIMSOC continues to be a rewarding experience, participants are asked to refrain from discussing the program.